Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Plus24
Regular MemberPosts: 167
Like?
D700 MB-D10 Grip & NI-MH Batteries
10 months ago

I just purchased the MB-D10 grip for my D700.

It does not recognize my MAHA AA Powerex 2700 mAh 1.2 v. Ni-MH rechargeable batteries.

I went to the d. Shooting/Display menu and changed the d10 MB-D10 battery type to Ni-MH HR6 (AA Ni-MH)

I also changed the d11 Battery Order menu setting to use MB-D10 first before using the EN-EL3 battery in camera.

I then switched to both camera and grip using the camera batteries and it recognized the EN-EL3 battery in the grip. I checked the Battery Info and both batteries were showing with the MB-D10 outlines as the primary battery in use before the camera battery. Worked fine.

I then switched to AA Alkaline (Duracel) batteries in the grip. They worked fine and the fps was much faster, as expected. Of course, I changed the battery type in the menu to AA alkaline. I checked Battery Info and both grip AA batteries and Camera battery were showing with AA's as primary batteries.

I tried the Ni-MH rechargeable batteries again. I changed the menu setting back to Ni-MH batteries. Still no luck.

Does anyone know why the MAHA AA don't work in the grip? Is it the mAh of 2700 that is too high?

If the MAHA batteries are incompatible with the grip, can someone recommend rechargeable batteries that are compatible? How about the Eneloop? Please be specific as to the exact type of battery.

Thanks for any help.

Plus24

Canon PowerShot D10 Nikon D1 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow