Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paulkienitz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,935Gear list
Like?
first birding with K-3... BAM!
11 months ago

The very first time going out birding with my new K-3, the conditions could not have been more perfect.  The weather was as nice as could be (we're looking at water rationing if things get any drier), and the birds were as calm and cooperative as I've ever seen.  A bewildering variety and hardly any of the normal overabundance of familiar species.  I hardly saw a single coot, for instance.

And the camera?  At home it had seemed quirky and weird and disappointing, but out in the wild, it was magnificent.  Even coupled with a notoriously bad focuser like the 55-300.  And the cropability... if you nail the focus exactly right (which is no easy thing, as even at f8 the DOF is damn thin), you can totally get usable 100% crops out of it.  With a consumer zoom!  Pentax is  rocking my world.

american wigeons

willet

greater yellowlegs with female green-winged teals

least peeps

another teal

This last one is a 100% crop!

-- hide signature --

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand." -- Ansel

paulkienitz's gear list:paulkienitz's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +3 more
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow