"Patience is Bitter...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
skeys
skeys MOD
Senior MemberPosts: 1,855Gear list
Like?
Anyone care to guess when… ?
In reply to Doctor Lecter, 10 months ago

I do not now see any reason to spend further big bucks on any additional camera gear. My current Oly and Panasonic cameras and lenses already satisfy enough of my current requirements. I am now holding out until a camera manufacturer figures it out …

For those whom believe the mirror is soon to become a relic, just how soon do you guess high-end EVF's in, or on top of, cameras will become relics, as well as screens on the back of cameras?

Consider the alternative: tethered shooting without the tether. Although wi-fi capable cameras have already started this technological trend, I am waiting for the camera's EVF to be placed in some kind of wearable apparatus, either glasses like Google Glass or a headband thingy.

The advantages seem so obvious to me: In the early morning light just before sunrise, or the late evening light just before sunset, I can place my camera on a tripod, set the framing I desire, then sit on the ground as I watch the EVF for the lighting I seek.

How about the street shooter looking at his wearable EVF, or his tablet screen, while pointing his camera in another direction? How much less-intimidating would that be? Perhaps I could even fool my daughter into thinking I am not capturing a photo of her, thus eliminating a quickly turned head, which is her usual reaction.

I am sure many here can find other examples for which to use this tech advance.

Steve

-- hide signature --

My comments and opinions are my own. I am neither a staff member, nor a paid employee, of DPReview.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow