Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rwingsfan
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
Another D7000 focus issue...maybe?
9 months ago

I have recently switched kits from Pentax to Nikon. I won't go into why and it really does not matter. What's at hand is I am having a possible issue with a refurb D7000. Purchased within the last two weeks from Adorama. It seems when shooting in AFA-C that when I pan across an area of lets say sky the lens, both a Tamron VC 70-300 and a Tokina 400mm will spin back to the closest focusing distance and then will not want to aquire focus again without a lot of prodding, or button pushes. Hope I am explaining it correctly. Seems to do it even worse when I use AF-on. Sometime I have to flip the switch to manual focus and spin it out towards infinity, but if it does not lock on to something it will spin back to start and not want to move. It does this worse on the Tokina which is a screw drive lens more than the Tamron. I find this quite frustrating but I am open to suggestions that it might be a setting or something I am expecting that is too much. I will say this kind of thing was never a issue with my Pentax K5II. I have af tracking off as I thought that might be a issue, but did not seem to help. Any ideas?

Nikon D7000 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow