Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim in Hudson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,105Gear list
Like?
Re: this is 4 years in upgrades
In reply to Donald B, 6 months ago

Donald B wrote:

awaldram wrote:

I can never figure out who your trying to convince , yourself or us.?

Myself, couldn't care what others are using, for people without the latest and greatest posters here keep telling us how great the latest model is, just cant see the quotes like : wow the dr is unbelievable, image has way more detail, camera is so much faster, im finding it hard to quantify those findings.

Your crops are so large that any detail is completely destroyed by resizing artifacts where there was insufficient pixels to resolve i.e 2 into 1 does not go.

its my point, photographers have been printing billboards for years on 12-16meg cameras.

Using this methodology you could take a 360k 2002 web cam and prove there was no advantage in the D800.!

-- hide signature --

Pentax K7, Panasonic fz150, Olympus XZ1, my main toys.

Don, I don't think the K-3 proposition has ever really been about 24 MP or DR. Instead, it's been AF reliability, focus tracking, dual card slots, on-the-fly flash exposure consistency and predictability... maybe even WB. If those things don't matter to you or anyone else then that helps you decide if the camera is right for you.

Jim in Hudson's gear list:Jim in Hudson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Pentax K-30 Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow