Another DX/FX Question (610 vs 7100): lens compatibility

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,680Gear list
Like?
Re: It helps to post images or links to images
In reply to tarheelbost, 10 months ago

tarheelbost wrote:

I have two DX lenses (35mm 1.8G and 18-200mm 3.5-5.6G ED VRII) and two FX lenses (50mm 1.4G and 105mm 2.8 micro). The D7000 works great with the DX lenses, but has serious back focus issues with the FX lenses (try shooting macro with a back focus issue!). I have tried to calibrate lenses and, even though the evidence is clear, Nikon refuses to repair under warranty. I have also updated firmware, lens data, etc., etc.

A body which front or back focuses does so with every lens - implying the body is not the issue.

A lens which front or back focusses does so on every body. Have you tried the FX lenses on another body?

It is well known but not always accepted AF does not work well with some subjects.

You think the evidence is clear but Nikon seem to disagree as you imply they have been unable to confirm an AF fault.

Small sample images of AF front or back focus images are all that are needed to comment on whether the issue is likely to be AF target selection, or something else.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Great images are often of good subjects.
If they are great images does what lens, body or technique was used matter more than the skill of the photographer?

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow