ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Christof21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,231
Like?
panorama - difference with wide angle lens
11 months ago

Hi,

I would like to make panorama manually (thanks to a stiching software). I have a 18-55 lens and instead of buying a 12mm lens, I would like to use the following technic:

- make vertical photos with a tripod.

- stich the photos

The ratio between width/height I want to obtain is about 2, I don't want a large panorama which does not display nicely on a monitor.

If I take pictures vertically, with a 18mm, it should be the equivalent of a picture taken with a 9mm (by stiching 3 pictures) at least in the horizontal direction.

My questions is:

- what will be the difference in terms of perspective with a photo taken with a wide angle lens ? I'm not talking about the ratio of the picture (2 instead of 3/2), but there will be less distorsion with this technic ? The result will look better ??

- what do you suggest to set the exposure ? Should I not touch the exposure between the different pictures ? This is the common advice but I don't care post-process my pictures to equalize the exposure. It is better the use the optimall exposure for each photo, isn't it ??

I will go in the national parks in USA (Yellowstone, Monument Valley,...) and I would like some advices .

Thanks in advance,

Christophe

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow