ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fakuryu
Senior MemberPosts: 1,126Gear list
Like?
Pentax HD DA 35mm f2.8 Macro on a K5II/s questions
11 months ago

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new 35mm lens and been thinking of either getting the Sigma 35mm Art of the HD 35 and is still undecided of what to get.

Since I've already tried the Sigma even on a different mount, I know what I will be getting into if I went that way but the local price is still a bit prohibitive being around US$1000 (converted to my local currency). And as of the HD 35 Limited (around US$780), I have a few questions especially for the owners with a K5II/s or K3.

1. How fast is the AF speed? Does it hunt? I had the DA35 f2.4 before and the AF of that thing is fast even with my old K-r, should be faster and more accurate with my K5II

2. Is it good for portraits? (Being close to a 50mm equiv and all and is a great all around FL)

3. With the new rounded aperture blades, how is the bokeh? (Well for portraits at f2.8)

I still have a few months to think about it any way but if my trip to Singapore pushed through next month, I will look for the prices there since a friend told me he got his Sigma 35mm Art Nikon mount for around SG$800 or around US$630 which is very enticing.

Or just get the DA35mm f2.4 again, lol!

BTW I have a M50 f1.4, DA40 Limited, DA70 Limited, was looking for a 35mm for portrait photography at tight spaces and for product photography.

-- hide signature --

There is no such thing a "Pro" level gear, just Pro level work.

fakuryu's gear list:fakuryu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Pentax K-r Pentax Q Pentax K-5 II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-r Pentax Optio M50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ToolNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow