Help, did I screw up my sensor?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 1,933Gear list
Like?
Re: Help, did I screw up my sensor?
In reply to mactac, 6 months ago

First, it's unlikely that you have actually caused any damage.

Second, rubbing with a micro fiber cloth CAN cause damage.

Third, it sounds to me like you are using too much liquid.

Fourth, reusing a swab might make it worse.

I have no personal experience with any of the products other than Sensor Swabs and Eclipse.  Available from Photographic Solutions and several others.  I have never had the slightest hint of a problem, but when I first started I was very inefficient and used more swabs than necessary.  There is a learning curve.  I also tended to use too much liquid.  I now use a max of two swabs.

My suggestion is that you purchase these products, read, understand, and follow the instructions carefully, and expect to burn up more swabs than you want.  If $25 seems like more than you want to spend on sensor cleanings supplies I suspect you will be disappointed, cleaning is expensive.

Somewhere you will likely have a local camera store that will clean it for around $35.

Don't use the microfiber cloth.

-- hide signature --

www.nightstreets.com
-
One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow