extremely affordable 4k (aka UHD) 28" displays coming as companion to your MP or rMBP

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,537Gear list
Like?
Re: extremely affordable 4k (aka UHD) 28" displays coming as companion to your MP or rMBP
In reply to MarshallG, 6 months ago

MarshallG wrote:

I wouldn't assume that the gfx card or display supports 4k60 30-bit RGB unless the documentation sprcifically says so. That's the top limit of baseband video resolution today. In not saying it's impossible, just that if the product doesn't clearly say that it supports it, then then product most likely does not.

on both sides I found evidence that they should support 3840x2160P60 30-bit

especially for the GPU - just have a look here and for the Lenovo it would make no sense to specify 10 bit per channel if it would not work at 60 fps.

But let's be skeptical and wait for evidence - OS X can't support currently 10 bit anyway and I wouldn't be surprised if this is due for the next OS step.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
if you start to fight with a pig you'll end up mud-wrestling - the only difference is the pig will like it

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow