7D & 50mm 1.4 - A few from the first days shooting.

Started 11 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Private Custard
Senior MemberPosts: 1,740Gear list
Like?
7D & 50mm 1.4 - A few from the first days shooting.
11 months ago

I took delivery of this lens a few weeks back, so decided to have a play around. I took it along to one of my cousins gigs, in a fairly rowdy pub in Essex!

I consider it a safe place to take a bag containing a couple of grands worth of kit though. Band photographers are protected......especially if they're friends of the band!

As for the 7D/50 1.4 combo. Tricky, very tricky. Low light focusing with the 7D can be very hit or miss, and is only amplified when shooting at f1.4-f2. A small amount of movement from the subject (an inch or less) and the focus is gone. Not easy when the band you're photographing are a fairly animated ska outfit!

All-in-all, the 50 1.4 is a great lens for the collection. One which I can't wait to attach to my (hopefully) upcoming 5D3.

Private Custard's gear list:Private Custard's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-510 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +8 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow