D7000 pictures overexposed at low temperatures

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Stephan Def
Regular MemberPosts: 254Gear list
Like?
Re: D7000 pictures overexposed at low temperatures
In reply to Rob Stuart, 3 months ago

Hello, thanks for coming back and letting us know that it is the lens. I like it when I can help people solve problems by just thinking thru the problem logically.

It gives me some second thoughts though as to why this is not happening on your Tokina Lens, what the difference is in the Aperture Mechanism. The G stands for a special kind of Aperture which can only be controlled by the Camera electrically, that may be an important clue  to the source of the issue. Anyway its temperature related and I think mechanical.

Lenses are known to display this kind of behavior if they get aged and the lubricant on the Aperture Blades gets gued up and it will be temperature related because the lubricant will get more viscos at higer temperatures and then the problem goes away. If the lens is still is under warranty and you have a service center near you, you may want to chat with Nikon about it, telling then it does not happen on your other lens. There may be something they can do about it. Otherwise just keep the lens warm somehow, a stocking might help

have fun...

Stephan Def's gear list:Stephan Def's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow