Do you have a resolution for 2014 ?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve1307
Regular MemberPosts: 302Gear list
Like?
Re: Do you have a resolution for 2014 ?
In reply to leopold, 9 months ago

New years resolutions often take a few attempts with me  but I usually get there

2012: was  to shoot RAW and not buy any more lenses.

I only bought 3 (expensive) lenses and one of those was while still in January.  RAW shooting didnt really take off until I had time in the latter half of the year.

score: 0.5 out of 2

2013:  I bought a K-5IIs in November '12   so my  2013 was to not buy any more cameras or lenses,  shoot RAW (mostly) all the time, and  use Flash and lighting more.

I bought a  Q,  3xQ-lenses, Q-K,  an FA31 and FA135  oops.

Batteries in the Flashes always seemed to be flat on the couple of occasions I used it.

Shooting RAW pretty much exclusively now. Getting the hang of normal processing, nothing fancy. Cleaned up the archive a bit

score:  1 out of 3

2014:  To not buy any more lenses or Cameras,   make an effort get out more & do some sunrises. Organise the archive a bit better and do backups (more than 1 ext HD).

Slow down and do a roll of film occasionally with the FA's .

19 days into 2014: I've  done ONE sunrise,  processed some of the archive from a big trip in 2012,  and backed up everything to 1 external harddrive  and the another is ready to go.

I haven't bought anything yet except a $6 lenshood for FA31. 

looking OK so far.

Steve1307's gear list:Steve1307's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax Q Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow