Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Want to do a wet sensor clean myself Question.... Robin et al
In reply to Robin Casady, 6 months ago

Robin Casady wrote:

primeshooter wrote:

Which wet sensor cleaning kit do you recommend that i can buy from a UK site, preferrably amazon.co.uk? Tired of sending my camera off to nikon as have always done this. Please advise. (d800 full frame kit)

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52938473

IMO, Visible Dust products are over-priced. If you cannot get Copper Hill Images products in the UK, consider getting one or more generic swabs, a pack of PEC PADs (Peter Piper picked a pack of PEC PADs...) to replace the pads on the swab, a bottle of Eclipse liquid, and a Nylon cosmetic brush.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

Hi Robin,

Seems quite a current topic.

A question, I remember seeing (thought it was on Rob Galbraith's site, but cannot find the reference on his right now, but found on another site), a method to substitute a mixture of Isopropyl Alcohol and Windex or water, on the site I have found it is stated as a mixture with Windex.

Have you or anyone you know used this to good effect (with Pec Pads instead of Eclipse)?

Cheers

See the bottom of the page here: quote ''Canon - Blower and a Kimwipe, held by tweezers. They do not like to use fluid but when necessary they use either 90% isopropyl alcohol or a 50/50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and Windex.''

at www:

cleaningdigitalcameras.com/methods.html

As I said, I came across this elsewhere as well.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow