Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tarheelbost
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Another DX/FX Question (610 vs 7100): lens compatibility
6 months ago

I currently have a D7000 and like the camera well enough.

Here is my problem: I have two DX lenses (35mm 1.8G and 18-200mm 3.5-5.6G ED VRII) and two FX lenses (50mm 1.4G and 105mm 2.8 micro). The D7000 works great with the DX lenses, but has serious back focus issues with the FX lenses (try shooting macro with a back focus issue!). I have tried to calibrate lenses and, even though the evidence is clear, Nikon refuses to repair under warranty. I have also updated firmware, lens data, etc., etc.

At this point, I am now looking at either the D7100 or D610. My biggest concern is lens compatibility:

-- hide signature --

If stay with D7100, I am worried that the FX lenses will have same back focus issue and/or will not work with the DX body.

-- If I go with D610, I am worried that the DX lenses will not keep up with full frame sensor.

Not a professional -- I have young children and travel frequently, so my photos are mostly kids in action and landscape (macro if I can get the lens to focus properly). Some street photography, but thinking of getting something smaller (mirrorless) for walking around.

I know the question has been asked before, but wanted to see what you guys think given my current lens collection.

Thanks in advance. Posting in 7100 forum as well.

H

Nikon D610 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow