Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JPEG Shooter
Regular MemberPosts: 485Gear list
Like?
EXR Total Confusion
6 months ago

If all goes well, I should have my HS50EXR late Monday. This will be my first Fuji. I have had 5 different bridge cameras in the past (Olympus, Panasonic, and Pentax) and am really looking forward to this new camera.

However, the numerous posts about what is clearly a very complicated system with this EXR stuff has my head reeling. The recent posts about L size vs. M size, multiple EXR modes, Pixel binning, SN mode, easily blown-out highlights, can't use this mode with Manual mode... etc.,etc.. It's sounding more and more like these Fuji's are more complicated than my dSLR's and will take hours and hours of studying and trials to get really decent photos.

I've read the user manual. It's feeble attempt at explaining things is just that... feeble. I've read posts on this forum for the past two weeks, which have helped me a lot (many thanks to all of you that have helped) and I could (and will) spend additional hours searching among the thousands of older posts here and elsewhere to try to educate myself, but that can't be the only way. It's difficult and SO time consuming to pick bits and pieces out of the countless threads scattered throughout the forum. Can anyone recommend web sites or books or other sources that have more consolidated material that can help me learn how to get the most out of my HS50?

-- hide signature --

JPEG Shooter
view my galleries at http://www.pbase.com/fotogrfr

JPEG Shooter's gear list:JPEG Shooter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A57 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow