Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
rb59020
Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Like?
Re: Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction
In reply to Walking Dead, 6 months ago

Walking Dead wrote:

I've been watching the Barrett-Jackson auction from Scottsdale, AZ on TV (Fox), and it's amazing how much the cars are going for. Most of the cars being sold are cars from the 60's and early 70's. They did have a new Chevy COPO dragster that went for $97,000. Right now they have a 1969 Corvette that just got sold for $2,600,000, before fees and taxes. Wish I had the money to buy some of the cars, as they are great looking.

The final day is tomorrow.

-- hide signature --

Defender of Truth, Justice, and the American Way

I like Mecum better. They are in Kissimmee right now for 9 days with over 3000 cars. I've been to both Barrett-Jackson and Mecum auctions. Barrett-Jackson's cars seem to get over-bid too often. Their fees are about the same, but the bidders just over-pay too often

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/top_picks.cfm?AUCTION_ID=FL0114

BTW, Mecum has 351 Corvettes at the Kissimmee show this year. 32 - 1967 models (my personal favorite), including this one of a kind L89 ragtop available next Saturday.

rb59020's gear list:rb59020's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D5200 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GO!New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow