Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mtwo
Regular MemberPosts: 423Gear list
Like?
Bought an XE-1
6 months ago

I have been looking for a lighter camera with a decent sized sensor. I thought the Sony NEX6 would be the answer but I wound up hating the thing. Photos were pretty good interface was not a thing I could get used to.  I sold it at some loss but was glad to see it go.

The Fuji looked like it might be some better and with a small lens on it something you might even get in a big jacket pocket. I bought the camera with the 18-55 lens and took it down to Zion NP last week. After playing with the menus I tried it out. You can see how I managed to do here, http://www.pbase.com/dahlstetphoto/xe1_zion

I think some additional tweaking may be in order but so far I am pretty happy with the results. The photos are jpgs run through PS6 Camera Raw without much other than exposure adjustment and some sharpening.

This appears to be an amicable forum unlike some which have become somewhat testy of late.

John

mtwo's gear list:mtwo's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-T1
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow