X-Pro 1, replaced my trusty 18mm by the 23mm, first few shots (b&w street in NYC)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AlexPonsin
Forum MemberPosts: 81Gear list
Like?
X-Pro 1, replaced my trusty 18mm by the 23mm, first few shots (b&w street in NYC)
3 months ago

I was waiting to acquire the 23mm for a while (since I bought the X100 a couple of years ago and I fell in love with the 35mm focal), I finally took the plunge recently. I did get rid of the 18mm which was always a bit too wide while street shooting I felt.

Anyways, enough talking, here are my first few shots (nothing magical of course, just playing around):

(I am also trying zone focusing know that I have a lens with the proper markings, so all the shots may not be tack-sharp - still a lot to learn).

The obligatory cat picture! This is Internet after all Impressively sharp in my opinion

The even more obligatory brick wall for the peepers With a snowy twist! Pretty much distortion free.

Nothing really special, just the very first one out on the streets. Still that guy looks lost.

I like playing with the reflections

People and their phones, feels like we are chasing something. I thought it was amusing.

She does not look happy, maybe she does not have a baby sitter

I like the contrast of the trees against the cloudy sky.

All the photos available here for more details (exif, etc.): http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexandre_ponsin/

Quite happy with that new lens, need to work it more now

Alex

AlexPonsin's gear list:AlexPonsin's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +1 more
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow