D5300 Butterflies and Birds- Magic Wings Deerfield, MA.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry
Regular MemberPosts: 411
Like?
Re: D5300 Butterflies and Birds- Magic Wings Deerfield, MA.
In reply to Derma pro, 11 months ago

I just want to thank all for viewing and commenting. I do believe there could be improvement in composition and cropping. I did crop the last picture to remove most of the green blob in the lower corner but when posting the pictures I grabbed the original by mistake. If you follow the Flicker link you can see the cropped one which is somewhat better.

I do disagree with the comment they are boring pictures.  What may be boring to one could be very interesting to someone else.  Here in Massachusetts during the winter time we lack a lot of daylight and color. I always enjoy going to Magic Wings during this time to view the colors and essence of spring in the air during the winter months. I love the close up details of the butterflies. I was pleased with the D5300 to perform as well as it did nailing the focus point just where I had centered it.

These were rather close shots of less than 10 feet away from the subject.

I am having trouble getting clear shots 50-100 feet away around 300mm. May just be the lens or maybe it's me due to camera shake. I have been a little camera handicapped since suffering a stroke in 2011, still having fine motor control issues which due limit my stability. Maybe time for mono-pod or tripod more often.

Photo's were shot as:

JPEG Fine and Large

Vivid: Sharp at 6, Contrast 1, Bright 0, Sat 0, Hue 0

White Balance Auto with no offset.

In my opinion we all get what we can out of photography. I don't really think there should be hard fast rules that need to be applied to composition 100% of the time.  Sometimes you just have the grab the shot at the time perfect or not.

Moving forward improvement should always be ones goal.

Again thanks to all for ALL comments.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow