extremely affordable 4k (aka UHD) 28" displays coming as companion to your MP or rMBP

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
MarshallG
Senior MemberPosts: 1,602Gear list
Like?
Re: extremely affordable 4k (aka UHD) 28" displays coming as companion to your MP or rMBP
In reply to joger, 10 months ago

elliotn wrote:

jogger wrote:

The TN panels are a bit of a caveat for quality fetishists not offering the utmost image quality like IPS or IGOZ and a rather small color space of sRGB equivalent

I thought everyone agreed that TN panels are unusable for photo retouching?

(I was in the Applestore today (Regent St, London) and they have a very nice Sharp monitor hooked up to their new Mac Pro.)

these are entirely new ones and the first (professional) viewers were stunned - now reason to exclude an all new design before even some reputable guys have reviewed it - we will soon find out more.

At work I have a 22" DELL TN display with LED lighting - calibrated it is quite o.k. and not too far away from my IPS 27" Apple Cinema Display - so if you're satisfied your your iMac or Cinema display there should be room for an open discussion about these new refined panels.

10 bit is at least a very good reason to re-evaluate and rethink!

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
if you start to fight with a pig you'll end up mud-wrestling - the only difference is the pig will like it

Yes, but 10-bit WHAT?
10-bit 4K60 4:4:4? And do these displays accept that kind of bandwidth (over 19 Gbs; more than the new HDMI 2 can deliver).

MarshallG's gear list:MarshallG's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow