Is SLT dead or alive ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Alan_S
Senior MemberPosts: 1,424Gear list
Like?
Re: Slamming Mirror Never Existed
In reply to dlkeller, 8 months ago

dlkeller wrote:

To call the mirror movement in DSLR's "slamming" is a very false exaggeration of what is happening clearly intended to create false images of a system that has worked very well for a long time and is still the preferred system by most users. I'm not saying mirror less won't eventually replace it, but not with the technology out there right now for most users.

I'm not knocking the preference of many here for the SLT system and the advantages it does offer. I'm just criticizing the dishonesty of the "slamming mirror" terminology.

-- hide signature --

Dave

I deeply resent your personal attack on the honesty of myself and other posters that have mentioned it in this thread. The affect of mirror vibration vs. electronic first curtain has been clearly demonstrated on this forum (by Nordstjernen) and elsewhere. Removal of that vibration (which is one of the many advancements provided by SLT and mirrorless), however small it may be in specific instances, is a clearly demonstrable improvement; not "false," not an "exaggeration," and certainly not "dishonest" to point it out.

-- hide signature --

- AlanS

Alan_S's gear list:Alan_S's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
DeadNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow