B&H: What a superb vendor

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Robert Snow
Contributing MemberPosts: 714Gear list
Like?
Re: Amazon will ship your replacement BEFORE you return your lens
In reply to Eric Sorensen, 8 months ago

I use B & H a lot just to research products...they are my photography equipment Google.  When I am ready to buy something, I check them first because over the years they have always been a model vendor and their internet site is probably the best I have seen, and their search engine works great compare to many others.

A good example of their business practices...I bought a Canon 55-250mm lens and got a less expensive hood than the Canon.  It would not mount backwards at all, and with difficulty when mounted frontwards.  When I wrote the review for it, I mentioned this and would not recommend that anyone else buy it.  Fast forward:  For the price, I didn't want to mess with returning it, so just ordered the Canon hood which worked perfectly.

About a week later, I received an email from them apologizing for the defective product and stating that they were sending me another one for free.  I received it a few days later.  Now I have two of them that don't work properly.  8)  Point is, who else would do that?  I guess I will have to send them back, demand that they do not give me credit, and let it die...other than their reporting this to the hood manufacturer.

A happy long term customer...

bob snow

Robert Snow's gear list:Robert Snow's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EOS 70D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow