Am I crazy to consider E-P5 instead of E-M1?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JoeyCinSC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,559Gear list
Like?
Am I crazy to consider E-P5 instead of E-M1?
6 months ago

I am replacing my back-up G5 with another Olympus body, either the E-P5 or E-M1. My main body at the moment is the E-M5 which I love. I am going to take advantage of the current rebates to buy the 12-40 and 75 at the same time with $200 off each. Simply put, I was set on the E-P5 and VF4 due to the $500 savings and the fact that I love the output of my E-M5.

Now I am trying to decide if I am being foolish for not biting the bullet and get the added features/benefits of the E-M1. While the E-M1 is larger (which doesn't excite me), the output does seem to be quite improved over the E-P5 and E-M5. Plus I could use the better continuous autofocus of the E-M1 for my shooting. The only 4/3 lens I have the 14-54II, but obviously that becomes redundant with the 12-40. Any thoughts here? While I don't love to spend money, I can do it comfortably if I decide it is the right move. Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Joe - Southeastern PA

JoeyCinSC's gear list:JoeyCinSC's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 RX100 III Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow