Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
jjnik
Senior MemberPosts: 1,263Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon Df and some bird pictures in low light
In reply to pixee, 6 months ago

pixee wrote:

DigitalPhilosopher wrote:

It's certainly not my intention to start a Nikonian brawl, but this real-life example (unlike diagrams and lab tests) actually seems a tiny bit more noisy than what I would've expected. If I was asked to guess, I would certainly think it's much higher than ISO 3200 - by at least a stop. It might be due to post-processing perhaps?

-- hide signature --

Check my blog for reviews, tips & tutorials:
Amateur Nikon
Follow me on Twitter:
@amateurnikon

In my opinion and based on what I see in the pictures Df is clearly better than d800 or Canon 7D in following pictures. The first is from Df, second from d800 and the third one from Canon D7. Df pictures are taken in worst light condition, but in spite of that In shadow areas there is least noise in Df pictures. Df and d800 are iso 1600 and Canon is iso 640!. All pictures are taken in raw and converted with raw converter. In Df picture Lightroom noise reduction is 0, but In d800 and Canon pictures luminance Nr must have been used. This is unfair comparison

Not unfair - completely useless!  You can't seriuosly compare images taken on different dates in different conditions!  And are we looking at 100% crops here or the more realistic same image size?  A meaningful comparison has to be controlled if you want to make any conclusions from it!

to Df but it shows how good the sensor of D4 / Df is.

It is a great sensor (I have a D4), but the comparison here is not really useful!

jjnik's gear list:jjnik's gear list
Nikon D4s Nikon D700 Nikon D800E Nikon 1 AW1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow