Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,673Gear list
Like?
Lots of questions about this one
9 months ago

I haven't shot anything new in a while so I went out hunting for something last night after work.

1. In order to eliminate distracting elements I had to crop all four edges tighter than I would have liked. Is that, in itself, distracting?
  2. There was a fair amount of noise and when I tried to get rid of it in Lightroom I lost detail in key places. Therefore, I pulled it into Topaz DeNoise and I liked the result better. What do you think of the noise to detail ratio?
  3. When I finished in Lightroom, it was still a bit bland so I worked with it, a bit, in Topaz Adjust. I've been trying to use Lightroom only, as much as possible, since receiving feedback about artifacts from Topaz. Do you see any in this image?
  4. I continue to struggle with the concept of "subject". When you look at this photo do you see the monument or the gazebo as the subject?
  5. Is the photo interesting?

The photo is a merge of three exposures. To help you understand what I was dealing with on the cropping issue (question 1) I am including the unretouched overexposed version or the file. I primarily wanted to crop out the sign on the left while maintaining symmetry between the two memorial stones on each side of the monument.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow