Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lukenn
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Buying a used K-7
8 months ago

Hi, I'm new to the forum and DSLR photography in general. I'm looking for a bit of advice about buying my first DSLR camera (Pentax) so hopefully I'm in the right place.

I've been doing some research, and I really like the look of the Pentax K series. They get great reviews, and the big selling point for me is the weatherproof casing. I'd be looking to use this camera a lot out and about, including a return trip to Thailand, where I've been caught out in high humidity and spontaneous downpours a few times in the past. A non-weatherproof camera would make me a little nervous in these situations.

It would be too much of a stretch to buy one new, so I've been looking at second hand options. I have found a K-7 for a good price, with the stock lens and an additional 50-200mm lens. My big question is, is there a way of stripping the camera down and checking the weatherproof seals and replacing some if necessary? The ad says it is in excellent condition, but I'd like to give it a look over before exposing it to the elements! Lastly, in general would this be a good camera for a self-confessed utter novice looking to learn about DSLR techniques and generally take better pictures?

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow