Just received my EM1 & 12-40 and wanted to make sure of a few things...

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrTofu
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Just received my EM1 & 12-40 and wanted to make sure of a few things...
7 months ago

Hello. I just received my EM1 and 12-40 and wanted to go through a checklist of the different issues that I'd been hearing about. I have yet to test the optics of the lens so this is just a first impressions "feel" of the camera and lens.

-Zooming on the lens is not completely smooth. It's not bad (not gritty like sand or rough spots) but I noticed that I can feel some 'bumps' throughout the range as it rotates, especially between 35-40.

-The buttons are kind of mushy. Specifically, the 2 buttons next to the lens, info, menu, trash, playback and fn1. I tried out the camera at a store a few weeks ago (I ended up ordering through Amazon) and remember the buttons having a better tactile feel, nice and firm.

-Something inside the camera makes a sound/moves every time after I turn the camera off.

-Whenever I focus on an object, it appears that the EVF does a 'jitter' motion. Hope that makes sense. Not that same as AF hunting. I am focusing on high contrast points where the focus locks on very quickly. It's just that the EVF seems to do this, well, jitter or stutter kind of movement.

So these are just the few things I have noticed. Perhaps these are all normal and I have nothing to worry about. This is my first M43 system. Coming from DSLR's and point and shoots, it's all new to me.

Thanks!

Jay

MrTofu's gear list:MrTofu's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow