Is SLT dead or alive ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
K E Hoffman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,539Gear list
Like?
Re: Is SLT dead or alive ?
In reply to LeicaBOSS, 6 months ago

LeicaBOSS wrote:

...but you haven't missed those shots with an A7 or A7r, for example? Or a NEX-7? Right?

I've shot birds in flight with a Canon EOS-M, baseball and indoor dodgeball with a NEX-7, fast-paced street with an A7r. Never had significant miss rates with any of these. I also have an A77. I like it, too - but I'd be crazy to say that one should get significantly more shots in focus with it.

Just even a tiny bit of skill and technique, and nobody should be missing shots with any of these.

So, I'd hate to put it this way, but if you really can't nail nearly all of your shots with on-chip PDAF - as good as it is now - take the 1/2 stop and just practice just a little harder.

-- hide signature --

From time to time, I point my camera at the right things. This is generally when I forget everything I've learned.

There are lots of techniques for shooting even manual focus.. So because some are able to get all their shots in manual.. Sony should just move to manual focus for all?  since it works mostly for some?

E-mount is about size... Focus will get better.. IBIS will not come anytime soon if ever because the size increase

SLT is about AF performance.. and IBIS easy control layouts.

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Sony SLT-A77 Nikon 1 J1 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
DeadNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow