Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
laurentiu1
Regular MemberPosts: 162
Like?
105mm dc f/2 unacceptable build quality
7 months ago

I need advice for how to proceed with Nikon service after my bag fell from 1 m and the lens mounted on the camera simply disassembled/broke in 2 near de silver ring (for those who own it). I am really disappointed about the build quality of this very expensive lens. the 2 parts were fixed together with only 3 small internal screws. the impact was not at all severe. I didn't even bother to check the equipment (had the 17-35 in the Lowepro bag and a 50mm too).

so I went to the Nikon service in Romania and they sent it in Germany. the estimate cost was 1000 US dollars (I bought it for 900 on key.com in mint condition). there was no way to pay that money for repairing such an incredible fragile lens (though it is made of metal).

very very disappointing and I don't know what to do. for me this is structural failure. if anything should have broken from that impact should have been the mount on the camera.

somebody goes to New York this week and will take my lens and I was wondering what is your experience with the Nikon service there.

1.do I stand a chance to get the repair for free or at least for a reasonable price?

2. do they have a physical shop there where my friend can go and have a serious argument with somebody in charge? it is unacceptable to get this kind of quality issues for the money I paid for their product.

thank you for your support,

Laurentiu

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow