Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
rb59020
Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM - Art
In reply to jase, 6 months ago

jase wrote:

love_them_all wrote:

SAR said Sigma's intention for this lens is to match the Otus 55! I think after everything said and done the Sigma would be very close to the Otus IQ in terms of sharpness. Some would still get the Otus for the bragging rights, and the subtle differences in tone, bokeh, contrast, etc.

If the Otus is indeed a hair better Sigma hits another home run in their Art line. I have 3 or 4 50 lenses but none in EF mount and AF. I would buy it and don't even care if people say I use a Sigma on a pro body.

atamola wrote:

Dear Sigma,

if you deliver in the same way you did with the 35mm f1.4 I will gladly pay full price for this lens.

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/product/50mm-f14-dg-hsm-art

"I think after everything said and done the Sigma would be very close to the Otus IQ in terms of sharpness."

And you base your supposition on what? A statement from a Sigma PR person that says they were aiming at Zeiss. The same statement that everyone else has read.

"Some would still get the Otus for the bragging rights, and the subtle differences in tone, bokeh, contrast, etc."

Someone like yourself perhaps? Obviously you already have both the Sigma and the Otus as you are able to differentiate the differences in tone, bokeh and contrast between the two lenses.

"I would buy it and don't even care if people say I use a Sigma on a pro body."

Wow! I don't think I've ever met someone with a camera, let alone a photographer that believes or worries that other people might talk about them if they put a particular brand of lens on their camera. Not until now that is.

What an a$$.

-- hide signature --

jase
www.jellisphoto.co.uk

rb59020's gear list:rb59020's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D5200 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow