ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
colombiano
Regular MemberPosts: 436
Like?
Tamron 60 f2.0 inconsistent autofocus problem
9 months ago

Hello,

I have the aforementioned lens for some time and I'm noticing that the autofocus is not reliable-sometimes it's frontfocusing, sometimes it's backfocusing and sometimes it nails it. I've used to get a habit to take 2 or more shots for same scene just to be sure that I'll have one shot properly focused. It's happening at all focus distances and at subjects which shouldn't be problematic with focus. As I use this lens also as a portrait one (when I don't take my Sigma 50-150 2.8 with me) with apertures around F2.2 the shot is ruined if it's not focused correctly. does anybody have (had) same problems? Example bellow, where 4 consecutive shots gave 1 front, 2 back and only 1 correct focus. It was AF-S, central focus point on an easy subject paralel to focus plane, distance about 1m. Other lenses don't have such problems. I also have Zeiss 50 1.4 and I'm more reliable in obtaining correct focus with manual method than this Tamron with autofocus... Any advice?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow