Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 19,057Gear list
Like?
Got my 12-40/2.8, but......
9 months ago

I swore that I'd never ever do a "got my new lens/camera" type of post but mine has a little personal story attached.

Got the email to go pick up the lens, went to my primary school '52/53 reunion lunch first, had what I thought was a detached retina in left eye occur while at lunch, spent 3 hours in Sydney Eye Hospital to find that it was the jelly gloop had detached from the retina and left some bleeding, (will get better with care and more bed rest).

Went from hospital to shop to get lens just before they closed at 6pm.

Went from the shop to eat then a concert we had tickets for (doctor said OK but no head banging), finally got home late, slept all night and eye seems much better, but all along that glorious 12-40mm has not even been out of its box so far. That has never happened before, usually it's rip-rip-play-play just like grandkids at Christmas.

It's near 9am now for me, leisurely late shower-dress-breakfast and then rip-rip-play-play but the darn wonky eye makes life difficult to see what the results may be like.

The hidden important message is that if anything weird happens suddenly to your eyes, drop everything and get to medical assessment of the situation (start with local optometrist is easy beginning), leaving some of these things too long can lead to permanently impaired vision.

Be seeing you (sort of one-eyed).

Regards... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 +17 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow