Which PEN for wife? And small lens...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
zuikowesty
Senior MemberPosts: 1,124Gear list
Like?
Re: Depends what your wife wants
In reply to Hen3ry, 3 months ago

Damn! You saw right through my plan!

Truth is that I wouldn't mind having the 14-42 also, as I still find the 12-50 soft at the long end, and I am used to that lens on my 410. 12mm vs 14mm isn't a big deal - I really want the 9-18 for wide angle.

The Stylus is due for replacement - it has been around the world a few times, and spent countless miles in my pocket, so it's getting tired. If I could get something she can fit in her purse, and get the quality of the new sensor, it would be a big bonus. Many shots from the Stylus have been lost due to poor focus or low light. On the other hand, it has also taken shots good enough for book covers and enlargements.

I just wish they had managed a flash in the E-PM2, and a more compact zoom. The lack of dials is no big deal, she won't need them, and I can navigate those menus in my sleep now. (one reason for stocking withe Oly, but I have yet to try the Pany.)

I will check out the GM-1 also.

-- hide signature --
 zuikowesty's gear list:zuikowesty's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Stylus Tough-3000 Olympus Stylus 5010 Olympus E-410 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow