Which PEN for wife? And small lens...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,967Gear list
Like?
Depends what your wife wants
In reply to zuikowesty, 7 months ago

If really small is the aim, you can't beat the Panny GM1 -- I've just bought one and it is magic.

What pockets does your wife have for an E-PM2? In my experience, it is marginal in erms of pockets. The E-PL5 with the tilting screen is a step up, but it is also that bit heavier and thicker that makes pockets and even a lot of handbags pretty much out of the question. (I did E-PM1 > E-PL3.)

Lens? You are taking fixed focal length when she is accustomed to a zoom. Does she actually want that? Does she want to be changing lenses? Or are you rationalizing all this so you can get the longer zoom cheap? (I've done exactly that kind of thing one of twice myself, too! :))

If she is happy with the Stylus, perhaps another Stylus is really the answer -- for her, and buying the zoom you want at full price is really the answer for you.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow