ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bjzwaan
Contributing MemberPosts: 715
Like?
Advice request for iPhoto
11 months ago

Dear all,

I have aqcuired (euphemism for breaking the bank) a MacBook Pro before Christmas and am investigating how to organise my pictures/images. Since the MacBook comes with iPhoto I was thinking on using that.

I have moved from a Windows desktop and have transferred all my files onto the harddrive. So in case I will use iPhoto I need to import them into galleries (yes?). Now I would not want multiple copies of my files onto my MacBook, which I understand is what iPhoto does. I backup my files in two ways, namely, on a network drive and JPGs using my Zenfolio account. My questions are thus:

- If I have imported all my files into iPhoto can I afterwards delete the files from the original location they were imported from?

- From now on, I would like to use iPhoto as my primary organiser and will import from a memory card. I shoot RAW and will use PhotoNinja as my developer. When I save the files as JPGs then, will they automatically be part of the iPhoto file structure?

- If I then remove the RAWs again, will that be a problem?

Very basic questions maybe, but I could not find a clear enough answer elsewhere. Any input greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Bas

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow