Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zuikowesty
Senior MemberPosts: 1,150Gear list
Like?
Which PEN for wife? And small lens...
9 months ago

I've decided to keep my E-M5, a choice made easier once I sold two OM lenses to pay for it.

Now I'm eyeing the E-PM2 2 lens kit at $399 for my wife - since I am buying the 40-150 for $119, this effectively gets the E-PM2 price with 14-42 down to $280.

I'm just not sure if this is the right PEN model - the E-PL5 is $100 more with just the 14-42, and the flip LCD would be nice for her. Both lack a built in flash, but I am hoping the high ISO performance will make up for this mostly.

To really be pocketable, either PEN will need a smaller lens, either at 17 or 20mm, or the rumoured ultra small zoom coming from Oly.

The camera this will replace is a stylus U-5010, which is much smaller still, and has been a great camera, but is starting to miss focus frequently. I am hoping a PEN + tiny lens will be a good replacement.

http://www.dpreview.com/search/?query=5010&product=oly_stylus5010

I'd love to hear feedback from other MFT users familiar with these models.

Thanks

-- hide signature --
 zuikowesty's gear list:zuikowesty's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Stylus Tough-3000 Olympus Stylus 5010 Olympus E-410 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +10 more
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow