Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
osloray
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,603Gear list
Like?
What about a mirror?
11 months ago

This may sound like a stupid question, and it may well be. What led me to ask this, is the form of the new Fuji camera that is supposed to be presented in a couple of weeks. If we can believe the rumors  about this camera, it will look like a DSLR.
When Olympus got out the OM-D E-MF (!) I was ready to get it. Until I saw the form. It looked like a DSLR but it had no mirror! I wanted to have the look more like the Pen I had. So I sold all my Olympus (including the E-5 and lenses) and went to Fuji and their nice designs. And great lenses.
And then they are following Olympus (probably).
I miss the good old optical viewfinders (yes, I know about the Pro -1). So, why could they not put a mirror in the top and give us a very good optical viewfinder and mirror? 
I guess those who answer will have plenty to say.

osloray's gear list:osloray's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow