Nikon D5300 Color rendition

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Derma pro
Regular MemberPosts: 107Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D5300 Color rendition
In reply to RyanBoston, 6 months ago

thanks for your reply. it is nice that you had D5100 before.

I don't know if you notice such thing, but in the D5100 when I am in a hurry, I used to use one setting in P mode which works fine for both indoor and outdoor and even for flash shots. Now, I notice that the settings to get good colors indoors make very pale colors outdoors.

I appreciate the opinions that colors are more accurate in the D5300 and this plus others like AF and sharpness which attracted me to the D5300. But really I find that the colors was easier to adjust in the D5100. The pale colors are more common in D5300 and I need to push the saturation more than usual and also the WB to the A+.

Today I tried very hard to get the true color of the sea and surroundings from my building, and the surroundings including the green trees were pale and just became vibrant with the vivid setting but the sea became more blue than the apparent color.

I know it may be the difficulty of getting used to the new camera, but really I didn't face this problem regarding colors with my previous D40 and then D5100. the only problem I had with D5100 was an AF points accuracy problem.

Derma pro's gear list:Derma pro's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow