Ken Rockwell's, "Why Lens Sharpness Doesn't Matter Anymore".

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bangers and Mash
Contributing MemberPosts: 991Gear list
Like?
Ken Rockwell's, "Why Lens Sharpness Doesn't Matter Anymore".
8 months ago

OK 7D owners, and you other folks out there, you might want to consider reading this. I found it very interesting. So many worry why they are not getting good sharp images all the time. So what do they do -- well the first thing they do is blame the camera and the lenses they use. I think reading this article might shed some light on what is really wrong with the images taken. Here's a sample from the article:

"When I spoke with the folks at Canon in person, we all had a good laugh at how Canon had to re-do an already excellent lens just so people who weren't using it properly would be happy. No one complained in film days when only pros owned Canon's exotic 16-35mm f/2.8. Of course Canon is more than happy to offer a newer and more expensive lens, but we still scratch our heads as to why some people, other than lens designers, worry so much about this."

I'm going to read it again to pick up on anything I missed.

I hope you enjoy the article.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/lens-sharpness.htm

Cheers

Wayne

-- hide signature --

"The best camera of tomorrow can't shoot a picture today".

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow