D5300 Butterflies and Birds- Magic Wings Deerfield, MA.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
DukeCC
Regular MemberPosts: 201Gear list
Like?
Re: D5300 Butterflies and Birds- Magic Wings Deerfield, MA.
In reply to DigitalPhilosopher, 8 months ago

Maybe I missed it, but I did not see where C&C was requested.

But you have responded with some good points, for sure.  As far as your example image, I really like the colors, composition, and post-processing.  But that dark area on the wing at top messes with my mind.  I feel like the bird is rubbing against something unseen in the foreground and I want to flinch.

OP--you obviously have taken some time with these, so the smudge was an unfortunate miss (for instance).

I do not think they are as bad as the criticism might make them seem.  The last one is a throw-away, perhaps.  You probably would benefit from spending a little more time, taking some more shots, and hopefully result in some better angles and such.

That 35 is really showing some nervous bokeh, plus you did not get the separation you were probably hoping for in that first shot.  A tighter crop with some sharpening might help--if these are relatively SOOC, and the default sharpening was used, then they could benefit with some sharpening.

Pretty good stuff overall.  IMHO.

DukeCC's gear list:DukeCC's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow