Sold all Canon gear - want to switch to Nikon, need some suggestions please.Thanks

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Nexu1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,727
Like?
Re: Critical note
In reply to PepsiCan, 8 months ago

PepsiCan wrote:

volodyalysak wrote:

and sharp images in all conditions

Thanks

You do realise that that has much more to do with the photographer and not so much, if at all, with the equipement, right?

+1

I don't think the original poster is going to get vastly superior results by switching equipment.

That said, as someone who has been itching to go full frame for a while and analyzing (and over analyzing) my options, I wouldn't recommend full frame for the OP either.  FF is much more expensive, the D600/610 (and I wouldn't buy a D600 because of the oil splatter) is basically double the price of the D7100/D7000.  The lenses are more expensive too.  If you aren't kicking butt with a crop sensor and getting your skillset & technique really refined you might as well not waste your money on FF IMO.

For budget conscious users looking for DX I would frequently recommend D5100/D5200/D7000, 18-105mm and the three f1.8 primes 35/50/85 (and buy refurb body or 18-105 if you can find them).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow