Ohio killer executed without the help of the Netherlands.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
rb59020
Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Like?
Re: The Netherlands?
In reply to Sante Patate, 9 months ago

Sante Patate wrote:

rb59020 wrote:

"Like many states, Ohio has been forced to find new drug protocols after European-based manufacturers banned U.S. prisons from using their drugs in executions -- among them, Danish-based Lundbeck, which manufactures pentobarbital."

Seems the crazy Danes have no problem with Pentobarbital being used to kill the innocent as long as it is for "physician-assisted suicide". But if states in the US want to dispose of convicted murderers and assorted rapist, then there's a problem.

You really need to start paying attention in class. Denmark and the Netherlands are not the same place. Not even close.

And why should any manufacturer not decide who they will sell to? You might want to Google "free enterprise".

Let me guess another liberal who doesn't click on links.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52923461

F R O M  W I K I P E D I A..... Read the stuff below this line!!!

"In the Netherlands, the standard protocol for physician-assisted suicide is intravenously induced thiopental anesthesia, followed by bromide of alcuronium- or pancuronium-induced respiratory arrest. A concentrated oral solution of 100 ml containing 9 grams of pentobarbital sodium along with sugar syrup in a 20% ethanol solution is a standard solution used for self administration by patient."

"Pentobarbital has been used or considered as a substitute for other drugs traditionally used in the United States for execution when they are in short supply. Such use however is illegal under Danish law, and when this was discovered, the owner of the drug, Lundbeck, stopped selling it to states that practice death penalty after public outcry in Danish media. US distributors of the drug are forbidden by the owner to sell it to any customers, such as several state authorities, that practice or participate in executions of humans."

rb59020's gear list:rb59020's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D5200 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow