Fuji UK Cashbacks - old and new today (17 January)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Helen
Senior MemberPosts: 2,927
Like?
Fuji UK Cashbacks - old and new today (17 January)
8 months ago

As those of you in the UK probably know, the Fuji X-series Christmas cashback just ended yesterday (Thursday 16 January) - the one with £100 cashback on the X-E1 with 18-55, same on the X-M1 with 16-50 (plus £100 from Amazon if bought there for the X-M1 only), £80 on the X-A1 with 16-50, and also separate cashbacks on lenses: £100 off the XF18mm, £60 off the XF18-55, £60 off the XF27, £100 off the XF35 and £100 off the £100.

In another thread, some people were wondering if it was a "one offer per household" deal as the wording in the terms and conditions was a bit ambiguous. I phoned Fuji a few weeks ago to ask this is a vague way and they said it wasn't limited to one per household. To be sure, I phoned them again today and the lady said that if you have bought (for example) two camera kits and one separate lens, all separately on separate dates from eligible retailers, you should simply send in three separate claims (observing the 14-day wait required before doing so). So that's good news.

Less good news (if you have already bought things, like me!) are the new cashbacks that start today - though they're great news if you hadn't got around to it! These are on until 31 March.

Buyers of the X-A1 with 16-50 can claim from Fuji a free XF27mm lens. It appears that Fuji will send this to the customer after verifying the paperwork.

Buyers of the X-M1 with 16-50 or the X-E1 with 18-55 can claim (in the same way) a free XC50-230mm lens.

Huh. Guess who hurried to buy a 27mm last week before the cashback was ended, AND who bought an X-A1 kit as a backup a month ago.... (sigh)!!

Lens cashbacks are also back. This time it's £100 off ANY of the following: XF14mm, XF18mm, XF18-55mm (was only £60 in the just-expired promotion), XF23mm, XF27mm (again, up from a £60 cashback in the previous promotion), XF35mm, XF55-200mm, XF60mm.

So that's more lenses included this time, and £40 more on two of those which were in the last cashback.

Furthermore, in the new offer, if you purchase TWO of these lenses, you get a total cashback of £300 (i.e. there's a bonus £100 thrown in). The terms and conditions don't specifically say that you have to buy the two lenses together, but the form only has space for one set of retailer details, so that's probably worth clarifying at some point. They DO say that you won't get the bonus if you buy two of the SAME lens. The T&Cs specifically exclude internet retailers who source stock outside Europe, such as Digitalrev, Procamerashop etc.

Oh, and the two other cashbacks still running until 31 January are the existing "free XF27, XF35 or XF60 to be claimed from Fuji for buyers of the X-Pro1 + XF18mm kit" and the "free leather camera case for purchasers of the X100s" offers (not sure if the brown leather ER case for the X100s is the one with the opening hatch for battery/card or the previous version, as I can't see the relevant bit of the case in their pictures).

Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow