Sold all Canon gear - want to switch to Nikon, need some suggestions please.Thanks

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
volodyalysak
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Sold all Canon gear - want to switch to Nikon, need some suggestions please.Thanks
9 months ago

Hi guys i'm new to forum but not new to DSLR world. Had some Canon gear over last 5 years, but nothing really valuable, so sold it all and now trying to decide what to buy and which way to go from scratch, any comments/suggestions greatly appreciated.

About me: amateur photographer (Landscapes,people,kids, macro, night, low light photography)

Gear that i had

2008 to 2011

Canon 350D (Rebel XT)

Sigma 24-70 2.8 EX DG macro

Canon 50mm 1.8

Canon 430 EX II sppeddlight

2011 -2014

canon t1i (500d)

Sigma 24-70 2.8 EX DG macro

Canon 50mm 1.8

Canon 430 EX II sppeddlight

Seems like 60-70 % of my pictures were constantly out of focus or to soft.

I tried different setting and always shot with AV TV or M modes, and i know what setting to use and where, seemed like on the bright day closeups everything worked as it should but in lower contrast or with flash all my pictures got to soft/washed out. So i just got tired of it and decided to start all over with DSLR photography.

lets say my budget is around 2000$ all together for a new setup.

At this point i'm not sure if i should go FX or DX route. Looks like i can get used d600 with tamron 24-70 2.8.  Or go DX let say Nikon d7000 with nikon 17-55 2.8 and new flash.

Or i can go canon route   let say:

used 5d mkII with canon 24-105 F4  for around 2000$

new canon 70d with canon 17-55 2.8 for around 2000 $

I would like to have:

fast and acurate focus Lens+body combo

good low iso performance

good dynamic range

and sharp images in all conditions

Thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow