Too late for x-pro?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Felix11
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
Re: Too late for x-pro?
In reply to NPant, 10 months ago

I bought the X-Pro1 in October, but I think I will swap it for the X-E2 or X-T1 (depending on price).

Why?

1. The OVF/EVF has a short eye point which means that with my glasses on I can't see the full image.

2. I want the improved auto-focus speed.

3. I want the split-prism auto focus aid and hopefully better focus-peaking (It is likely that the newer models, such as X-E2, will get firmware updates for longer than the X-Pro1 and therefore overtake it in areas like this in the future). This will allow more effective use of manual focus lenses and things like the SpeedBooster.

The other thing I don't like about the current Fuji models is the lack of grip. I suggest you budget for an add on grip like the new fuji MHG-XE or MHG-XPro.

However, I love the full metal construction and general build quality of the X-Pro1, the dial based operation and the frequent firmware updates.

Some people have complained about the JPG processing of the X-E2 at high ISO so you could even say that the X-Pro1 has better image quality.

Regarding the A7, the larger sensor isn't going to do you much good unless you use lenses with apertures close to those of the equivalent Fuji lens.

The Sony FE 35mm F2.8 on Full Frame is beaten by the Fuji 23mm F1.4.

The Sony FE 55mm F1.8 is only slightly better than the Fuji XF 35mm F1.4 (1/2 stop advantage to Sony)

The Sony FE 24-70mm F4 lens is only one third of a stop better than the recently announced Fuji XF 16-55mm F2.8 constant aperture lens.

However, in each case the setup will cost you a lot more!

Felix11's gear list:Felix11's gear list
Ricoh GR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow