Olympus 25mm f/1.8 images and price

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Senior MemberPosts: 1,104Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus 25mm f/1.8 images and price
In reply to Impulses, 11 months ago

Oh yeah, forgot about the older Oly 17mm and Sigma's 19mm. So that's like SIX primes in the 14-20mm range, and four in the 20-30mm range. Ten primes altogether at 14 thru 30mm. That's like a forth of the system right there... I really want something wider, or at the very least cheaper than the 12mm f/2.

I know a lot of people would like more/longer tele choices than the two 45, 60 & 75 too... Seems like Oly and Panasonic's choices used to complement each other a lot more, lately they've been going head to head more often. Nocticron vs Oly 45 is one thing, both have their place just like 9-18 vs 7-14 do... 12-32 (and older 14-42 PZ) vs 14-42 pancake and 25mm vs 25mm is a lot more of a direct competition.

More choices are rarely a bad thing tho... I'm sure some people will appreciate a smaller 25mm and Oly surely wanted a pancake kit zoom of their own. It'll be interesting to see if they sell the latter any cheaper with an E-PM than what Panasonic's asking for the GM1. Could end up being real popular as a split kit lens...

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MehNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow