ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sher Singh
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Nikon or Sony
11 months ago

Hello Everyone,

I am not in photography profession & I never used a digital camera other then cell-phone cameras, but I would like to have SLR for personal use only. I'm from New Delhi, India and Nikon/Canon are very famous here. I'm a bit technical so 've done a bit of online research and found some interesting reviews on Sony/Nikon lineups but I hated Canon's technical terms. I did finalized Nikon D5200 but when I went to the shop it wasn't friendly where as with Sony A58 demo piece the interaction was easy or may be the difference in button positions or the presentation from both stores got me confused. I don't want GPS or wifi so I already rejected D5300/A65.

D5200 is around $200 expensive here as compared to A58, not an easy handling or may be I need to learn it and I indeed need a flip out screen so no D3x00 or D7x00 series pls. D5200 gives a better IQ & low light performance.

In Sony A58 I like EVF with Settings effects (from ads) & video, battery life but IQ does costs some amount of light. I also like stabilization and AF motor that increases support for a variety of lenses.

I want A58 but the image quality should be closer to D5200, the other feature of A58 attracting me with its cheaper price...

Any budget lens recommendation would also be helpful!

Best Regards
Sher Singh

Nikon D5200 Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow