Olympus 25mm f/1.8 images and price

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Contributing MemberPosts: 848Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus 25mm f/1.8 images and price
In reply to Jasonmon, 8 months ago

I was hoping for a pancake 25mm. Now I'm hoping it's as sharp as the pana 25mm f1.4 at f1.8 and a lot cheaper. Also hoping there's a snapback for manual focus ring like the 17mm f1.8... Maybe I'm asking too much?

The zoom is attractive. But I wont buy it.

Fisheye is fun, but at f8, I'm not too keen to it. Maybe boost up the ISO and make black and white shots or slow shutter speed.

-- hide signature --

My Speak Art blog.

Same here, had the original rumor bring true (about the 25mm being a pancake) I probably would've bought it AND Panasonic's 15mm, then sold my 20mm... As it stands though, I'm not sure I'll be tempted to get either. Maybe the 15mm for a wider angle and faster AF, dunno.

I'm still waiting for the 12-32mm to be available in the US (outside of Ebay split kits) and 12mm + IS still makes that one more appealing to me (having a Panasonic body)... It'll be interesting to see how they compare though. The 25mm isn't dirt cheap but it's still cheaper than the PanaLeica, not a bad option to have.

If you thought the m43 field was crowded for prime choices at 14mm thru 30mm, you'll probably flip out now! Serval 14mm, one 15mm, one 17mm, one 20mm, two 25mm, one 30mm, madness... Probably missed some, the cheaper/slower ones are at the extremes though.

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MehNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow