Olympus OM-D E-M1 low light auto focus performance

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,297Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus OM-D E-M1 low light auto focus performance
In reply to msnremea1, 6 months ago

I'm never quite sure when I read about low light or dim light what is the context in a real world situation?

I used my EM-5 and now my EM-1 in a blacked out studio, lit only by the modelling lights which has the light meter bar reading under-exposed off the scale.

I've yet to have the12-40 (and my 12-50 before it) do anything other than snap to focus on the eye of the model using single, small point focus.

No quantification of time to focus, just that it has never yet caused me to delay in getting a shot, even when the model has been dancing or in other fairly rapid movement

So, there may be a measurable difference in focus speed but if there is, its of no importance to my use of this system (nor I suspect of the majority of the rest of us)

Interesting data for all that

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow